EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a clean, distributed energy future. Our customers are real utilities managing the real electrical grid supporting the normal lives of millions of real people. Our mission is to keep the grid running reliably while enabling more renewable energy and reducing reliance on fossil fuel.
Using industry standard protocol, the Mercury Edge Connect Team helps our partners (device manufacturers) integrate with the EnergyHub platform, offering our utility customers access to more devices. We are a distributed team of experienced engineers putting an emphasis on code hygiene, prioritizing our partners and using modern tooling and technology to achieve our goals. We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer who is comfortable owning their product from start to finish and is looking to have an immediate impact on the organization.
- Contribute to all parts of our stack, distributed services, queuing, and data layers
- Expand and improve our cloud-based, mission-critical, 24x7 production system with stringent uptime requirements
- Create architecture and design documents, write, test and review code
- Work on next-generation demand response and energy efficiency services for utilities
- Work with device manufacturers to integrate even more devices into our platform
- Collaborate with all teams at EnergyHub to offer the best integration experience to our partners
Key Skills and Experience
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience, preferably in a small to medium-sized team
- Java experience (preferably Java 11+), or a strong desire to learn it is required; other programming interests and technologies are encouraged!
- Web services and RESTful APIs using Spring
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with a scripting language (we use Python)
- Information security: PKI, TLS, OAuth, SSO, penetration testing
- Front-end: React, Sass, Webpack, Backbone.js
- Typical development tools and processes (automated testing, continuous integration/deployment, monitoring systems)
- Database and data processing pipeline experience (we work with RabbitMQ, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS, and S3)
The salary range for this position is $120,000 - $170,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.