AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Paralegal will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; supporting all aspects of contracting process including clerical and substantive elements; maintenance and compliance related tasks including but not limited to the various corporate entities; research, investigations, and fact checking; and other such tasks as may be required in the normal course of the legal/contracts department.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other employees/professionals to discuss assigned tasks, cases or projects
- Lead and be the point of contact for new hires and existing team members for immigration / visa status cases
- Drafts contracts and other legal documents and addresses redlines/revisions
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis or summaries to attorneys
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves contract files
- Develops and maintains company records and correspondence
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Support contracts team in CRM
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field with a paralegal certificate
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, along with organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency in CRM preferred.
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience, and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.