Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Platform (Avalanche)
Posted on 3/17/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Proven experience in AWS, Azure or GCP including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale, fault tolerant, distributed systems environments
- Strong conceptual and/or hands-on experience with container platforms, preferably Kubernetes
- Strong Systems Design and SDLC experience
- Strong Database systems knowledge and SQL skills
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Golang
- Good grasp of security best practices in a cloud environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Git etc
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets - Pulumi, Terraform, Vault etc
- Ability to work on complicated projects with multiple stages and convert long term strategy into short and long-term objectives
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, API's, and security
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient Infrastructure and platform services that include but not limited to VM, Container and Serverless Platforms
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform
- Deepen Snowflake's infrastructure platform integration with existing cloud providers and play a key role in our expansion efforts to new markets and/or CSPs
- Contribute to development of in house tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and build net-new production grade environments for advanced analytical workloads
- Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
Data warehouse for the cloud
Snowflake has become a global force to help mobilize the world’s data. Snowflake enables thousands of organizations to have seamless access to explore, share, and unlock the true value of their data.
- We've got your back - We offer comprehensive health insurance plans, health savings accounts, robust retirement plans, and generous life and disability insurance.
- A Balanced Lifestyle - All Snowflakes have access to our weekly online lunch and learns, virtual workout classes, and ergonomic work-from-home equipment. We offer on-demand mental health and wellness programs to support our employees and their families.
- Your People Matter - Help offset the cost of growing your family with our fertility benefits and family planning resources. Count on our generous time-off and various leave plans for you to rest, refuel, and sustain a great work-life balance.
- Global Snowflake Team - No matter where you are in the world, we will get you connected and supported with a work-from-home setup.
- Treat Yourself - Personalize your Snowflake benefits by tapping into our employee discounts and pre-tax selections.
- Invest In Your Future - Eligible employees enjoy new hire equity, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and a quarterly bonus or commission program.
- Put Customers First
- Integrity Always
- Think Big
- Be Excellent
- Make Each Other the Best
- Get It Done
- Own It
- Embrace Each Other's Differences