AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a Senior Scientist with a strong background in mammalian cell biology and assay development to join our Discovery team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of technologies for therapeutic antibody discovery from natural immune repertoires, while working in one of Canada’s top tech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team that believes that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced and focused environment, we’d love to hear from you. The candidate should have exceptional organizational and collaborative skills, be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically, and demonstrate scientific rigor.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team and leading projects to identify high-quality therapeutic antibodies using AbCellera’s high-throughput antibody discovery platform
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Developing and optimizing cell-based assays and other cutting-edge technologies for antibody discovery against challenging targets
- Analyzing, distilling and presenting data to colleagues and external partners
- Liaising with external stakeholders and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with teams across the company to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Solving problems at a high level and identifying the critical path to success in complex situations
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in relevant field plus 8+ years of experience (e.g. postdoc), industry experience is an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in cell biology and data analysis
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong leadership skills
- (Optional, but desired) Experience in therapeutic development, immunology, or development of antibody-based assays
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven’t had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20258 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.