At Wisetack, we’re building financially responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Wisetack is a well-funded growing startup founded in 2018 with a leadership team that comes from Lending Club, Affirm, Varo Money and other top FinTech companies. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more).
We raised a $45M Series B and have invested in our people and technology while growing our partnerships. We grew 10x in 2021, and exceeded the goal of growing 4x in 2022. This is a fun stage in any company’s lifecycle where we’ve got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you’d still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Most recently, we were recognized as the Best Consumer Lending Solution by Finovate Awards and have been selected by LendIt as a 2022 winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards. The external recognition is great, but we’re equally — if not more — happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78 (industry average hovers around the 40s or 50s, depending on who you ask). We’re proud that we’re building a product that customers love as well as being recognized as a Great Place to Work by our team members.
Our Engineering Team Principles
Everyone is an engineer. No matter what their title is, everyone contributes to the code. Everyone delivers.
Initiative and ownership. We want every team member to lead the work they do. Design the best solutions and implement them. Ask for help from others when you need it.
One team. We are low ego and support each other.
Learning and growth. We believe growth is a huge motivator. We want everyone on the team to have an opportunity to learn and grow in their career. If you are smart and want to learn, you should be with us even if you don’t have all the skills we need at the moment.
Check out this post from our blog where we go into more detail about these principles.
Wisetack is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing engineering department as an impactful individual contributor leading front end development in React. To succeed in this role, you will need strong software development, problem solving, and communication/collaboration skills. Your goal will be to work with engineers, Product, and other stakeholders to develop quality front end software that supports our business goals and user needs.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to work autonomously, prioritizing your efforts and engaging with others as needed. You will provide mentoring and guidance to other engineers. You will sometimes be expected to lead a project, taking ownership of refining requirements, designing architecture, and collaborating with engineers and others to ensure the project succeeds.
- Write good code. You will implement new features, troubleshoot and fix bugs, and set an example for your teammates in how you do so. Everyone owns quality.
- Keep in mind a bigger picture than just your own work. You will maintain awareness of the work being conducted by the rest of your team, and keep them apprised of what you’re doing. Drive architectural discussions that ensure all the pieces fit together properly.
- Take ownership. You will keep an eye out for tech debt, buggy edge cases, and other pain points; bring them to the attention of your team, and help establish best practices all of Engineering can use to get better at what we do.
- Work efficiently and improve efficiency. You will suggest improvements to how we work, and help select good tools to expedite our work, so we can get better quality, efficiently.
- Collaborate and communicate. You will work closely with the other engineers on your team, as well as your team’s Product Manager, to provide the technical perspective needed for projects to succeed. Help other engineers learn and do better work through mentoring, code review, and knowledge sharing.
- And, most importantly, care about the business and move it forward. We will win together. Wisetack is a very transparent company, so you will be engaged and connected to our business goals.
- Understanding of web applications and RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience developing UIs in React using best practices and design patterns, such as:
- React Hooks
- State management with redux-toolkit (or redux)
- Styling using styled-components
- A mindset of learning and problem solving
- Confident ability to engage in analysis, architecture, communication, and collaboration
- Experience developing or maintaining a shared component library is a plus
- Fintech experience is a plus
The range of base salary for the position is between $140,100 - $180,900, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level and competencies.
Spend a little time on our About Us page researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!