Director of Engineering Operations
Posted on 11/23/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Leadership experience managing multiple, independent teams/disciplines
- A solid technical foundation. You feel comfortable diving into details and interacting with engineers at all levels of seniority as required
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, and retain top talent
- Proven management skills including providing ongoing coaching and feedback, developing employees and identifying and managing risks
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to convey technical complexity to non-technical team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with goal tracking and metrics competency supporting oversight of multiple concurrent project initiatives across the enterprise
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and complex problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making, with the desire to brainstorm future-thinking ideas
- Up to date on the latest best practices and technologies, willingness to experiment with new technologies, and overall desire and eagerness to learn
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering operations, with an emphasis on platform engineering
- Strong interest in overseeing security and DevOps
- Solid experience with cloud providers. AWS preferred
- Demonstrated capability to design and implement a cloud environment based on a well-articulated roadmap and strategic vision
- Demonstrated project management skills ranging from minor technology upgrades to major shifts in technology approach
- Track record of balancing the coordination of fast-paced daily priorities with important, longer-term strategic efforts
- Solid experience with managing and monitoring CI/CD tools (e.g Jenkins, Github)
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies
- Experience architecting solutions or working closely with a technical architect to develop a secure, highly available, and scalable platforms
- Experience managing 3rd party software products, installations, and vendor relationships including contract negotiation and billing
- Contribute to and execute on a long-term cloud strategy roadmap in collaboration with stakeholders to meet the needs and business objectives of the organization while following industry best practices
- Oversee AWS cloud usage, security, cost tracking and estimating. Help negotiate contracts and discounts in collaboration with stakeholders
- Manage cloud solution architecture - including evaluation, selection, and integration of critical technical components that realize the defined functional, non-functional, and security requirements
- Facilitate the design, build, test, and deployment of cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available in any cloud or virtual environment, predominately AWS
- Document and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
- Work closely with engineers to develop sound technical architecture and design to complex technical challenges
- Develop centralized, enterprise monitoring solutions to proactively monitor infrastructure, networking and applications in order to capture, triage, and escalate incidents
- Accountable for developing and supervising the monitoring of systems, infrastructure, process, analysis, and technical support
- Maintain, and oversee backup and disaster recovery (DR)/business continuity plans (BCP). Manages institutional risk related to data storage and security
- Help to define the set of IT services and document them with Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Ensure response time commitments and resolution time objectives are met
- Contribute to and deliver on the technology vision of the organization
- Architecture trends. Recommend and implement best practice solutions, processes, and tools
- Establish and cultivate vendor relationships; negotiate vendor contracts and maintenance agreements for enterprise infrastructure components
- Oversee and manage teams focused on security and DevOps. Help with implementation of best practice solutions, processes and tools in these areas
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team with integrity and create an environment where employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Build and maintain strong working relationships both internally and with vendors
- Learn and develop skills in new technologies that can be leveraged to improve existing technology stack
- Demonstrated understanding and execution of security operations including defining, enforcing, and auditing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO standards
- Demonstrated understanding and execution of IT operations in order to successfully manage vendor that runs End User Computing
Data driven insights & strategic consultation
National Research Group's mission is to provide insights through well-designed research that leads to creative strategies to create stronger connections with customers. They synthesize disparate data into memorable, easy to understand and actionable narratives that empower clients to make informed decisions.
Company Core Values
- Excellence - Excellence is an unrelenting curiosity to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of content, culture and technology. The drive for preeminence touches every part of everything that we do.
- Innovation - From our approach to problem solving, to the cutting-edge solutions we’re known for, we’re catalysts of industry disruption. Innovation is in our DNA.
- Collaboration - We work collectively as a team across disciplines, learning from and inspiring each other through collaboration. The best insights stem from diverse perspectives and deep dialogue.
- Enthusiasm - We play at the intersection of creativity and science, with passion and rigor. Enthusiasm for what we do propels us to apply fresh thinking to big challenges.
- Grit - Grit and confidence in our way of thinking enables us to stay ahead of fast-changing industries. We stand by the things that matter most and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to realize the best results.