Posted on 3/15/2023
Redmond, WA, USA
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or 3+ years of professional experience with PCB layout
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other technical or science discipline
- 2+ years of experience with PCB layout and routing in one or all of the following areas: modern passive and active electronics components, surface-mount, RF components, ball-grid array and similar fine pitch, or high pin density components
- 1+ years of experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management
- Demonstrated understanding of design for manufacturability, assembly, and test
- Experience with Mentor Xpedition and/or Altium Designer (Mentor Xpedition preferred)
- Experience with layout of mixed analog and digital designs, high speed buses, FPGA, DRAM and CPU designs, power supplies, DC-DC converters, transmission lines, impedance-controlled traces and power traces
- Experience with MIL-STD, commercial and IPC standards and design
- Experience monitoring industry-wide parts
- Ability to visualize component placement and interconnectivity
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends as needed for mission critical deadlines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Determine layer stackup, perform component package selection, component placement, routing feasibility studies, and signal routing of digital, analog, RF and power conversion of printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Library creation and maintenance
- Create and release documentation for fabrication of PCBs
- Collaborate with internal teams and PCB vendors to continually improve design rules, constraints and design for test and manufacture guidelines
- Utilize PCB design tools, maintain and evaluate new tools, and train team members to use tools
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.