Sr. Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Proven strength in application/tools development, with a focus on 3D Application development with Unity3D. Deep familiarity with Unity components and scripts (UI, animation). Experience with Unity-specific performance analysis and code optimization
- Proficiency in C#, C++, and/or Python
- Strong understanding of UX principles, and experience building responsive UI within Unity
- Experience with shading language for use in Unity is a HUGE plus, build shaders as needed
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, testing, and maintenance. Ability to communicate optimally with colleagues, customers, and leadership, both verbally and via documentation
- Creating an Artist and Designer cross-platform interactive 3D app to significantly increase productivity for creating & configuring real-time 3D characters for creators of all skill levels with an emphasis on user experience, quality, and efficiency
- Crafting intuitive APIs and user interfaces that empower creators and artists
- Optimizing performance to ensure an accessible and responsive interactive user experience
- Providing regular updates on technology risks and limitations to the main team members while finding the best workarounds and the best way forwards
- Collaborating with fellow developers and reviewing code; Writing automated tests for new features and bug fixes
- Experience building sculpting tools, technical experience, and insight into character creation and animation technologies. Solid understanding of rigid bodies, character animations, and rigs
- Have basic knowledge of 3D modeling tools like Blender/Maya/3dsMax
- Experience with cloud/full-stack application development
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.