Spendesk is looking for a marketing-savvy, front-end engineer who is excited to make a real, highly visible impact at Spendesk. As the technical go-to for marketing, you will drive key growth metrics and own the development and enhancement of our key marketing websites, spendesk.com
. This includes devising and running conversion rate optimization experiments, building out new website components and functionalities, improving UX, site performance, SEO and managing technical bugs and enhancements. This role requires someone with a strong technical and project management skillset, but equally someone with good stakeholder management and prioritization skills who is both customer-centric and performance driven. As a SaaS company, our website is the core of our business. It’s our Fifth Avenue showroom and the first place our customers and prospects land when they visit us.
Day to day, you will be working in the Web Squad and working closely with the marketing team to enable and drive the initiatives from the marketing team as well as maintain the smooth operation of the Spendesk Website. Your squad will be composed of a Website Manager, another Growth Engineer and a Web Designer.
Web Squad: small team with big ownership - About the role
The Web Squad is a very autonomous and independent team where you will be doing more than coding. Our day-to-day involves lots of discussions with internal and external collaborators, brainstorming sessions to define our next experiments or marketing strategies, learning and using lots of marketing tools, making some data analysis, and much more!
You will be able to own the entire scope of the marketing tech stack, define your ETAs, plan your sprints, and work remotely as much as you like. We trust you to make the right decisions and put everything in place to do your best job. We are flexible and adaptable and ready to test new ideas or solutions.
We are a close-knit team, and although we are working from different locations, we love organizing regular travels and gatherings to have a good time and build memories together. Positivity and caring are part of our DNA.
You can work either fully remote in the UK, France, Germany or in one of our offices in London, Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Berlin, or Hamburg.
- Devising, running, and productizing web experiments (A/B tests, growth campaigns, new UX to better convert visitors, etc.)
- Working on the development and maintenance of the Spendesk & CFO Connect websites (including the blog, paid and organic landing pages, product pages, careers pages, etc.)
- Implementing best practices for SEO and conversion rate optimization
- Supporting marketing and data in implementing data tracking
- Improving the website’s technical performance and the developer experience
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience in front-end development with modern frameworks
- Fluency in written and spoken English - it is our business language
- Rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testing, maintenance, design patterns, architecture)
- Autonomous, accountable and growth mindset.
- Great attention to detail and passion for good-looking UI
- Resourceful, highly curious, and with an appetite for testing and learning
- Effective communication and project management skills
- You prefer a vague problem rather than defined specs
- You start with the why, and you are able to challenge the status quo
- You have an interest in working with people as well as writing code
- Jamstack website using Nuxt, Storyblok, and Netlify
- HubSpot (our marketing CRM, also used for some forms and landing pages)
- Segment (simplifies tracking implementation)
- Amplitude, Google Analytics & Google Optimize (for efficient tracking and A/B testing)
- Linear (project management tool)
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we’re bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you - through the Ben platform
- Access to Moka.care
for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
- 28 days of holidays
- Latest Apple Mac equipment
- Company virtual events
- Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
- Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
- Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We’re building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.