Benefits Specialist Job ID 2023
Posted on 11/9/2023
Internet media company
Internet Brands integrates web solutions for businesses with media websites for consumers in key vertical markets. The company makes managing enterprise digital easy with a suite of easy to use tools.
El Segundo, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -63%
1 year growth↓ -63%
2 year growth↑ 2%
El Segundo, CA, USA
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
People & HR
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in Benefits, preferably working in mid-sized companies (1,000-3,000 employees).
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to benefits and other HR functions.
- Experience working with and managing relationships with outside consultants and third party vendors.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting, as well as be a strong individual contributor.
- Experience with Google suite (Google sheets, docs and drives) and Microsoft suite (Word, Excel) of products.
- Benefit Plan Administration & Compliance:- Partner with relevant vendors to administer benefit programs, including but not limited to the maintenance of medical, dental, disability, life insurance, FMLA, flexible spending account and COBRA. Responsibilities include but not limited to: funding and reconciling vendor invoices, verifying eligibility accounts, calculating costs/benefit levels, drafting employee letters, and tracking responses/authorizations and benefit period processing of payroll deduction changes and QMCSO requests.- Serve as the key contact for the coordination and tracking of all benefits related invoicing and monthly reconciliation to ensure payments are made timely and accurately.- Receive and review all incoming mail to the benefits team and ensure all mail is addressed in a timely manner.- Assist Benefits Manager to ensure compliance with all pertinent federal and local regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Retirement Plan Administration:- Partner with vendor (Fidelity Investments) to manage the administration of employee retirement plans. Maintain files of correspondence, reports, and forms. Work closely with Payroll to ensure proper deduction and funding of all employee and employer retirement plan contributions. Assist in the efforts associated with tax and ERISA compliance audits and reporting.
- Leave Administration:- Assist with administering and managing leaves of absences, in accordance with established Company policies and procedures, working closely with payroll and 3rd party leave administrator. Serve as point of contact for all information regarding all employee leaves of absence including Family and Medical Leave, military leave, statutory paid leave and personal medical leave as defined under policies procedures.
- Wellness Administration:- Work closely with wellness team with items such as employee communications, coordinate and administer company sponsored wellness events such as Health Fairs, Walking Challenge etc.
- Communication:- Counsel employees clearly and effectively face-to-face or in writing and answer questions regarding benefit programs and policies. Assist in maintaining and updating the benefit section on company intranet as needed, ensuring that the information posted is accurate and current.
- Knowledge of benefits enrollment/administration systems and HRIS preferred but not required.