Senior Data Engineer
Data Processing Infrastructure
Posted on 1/12/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • United States
Development Operations (DevOps)
- The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $167,200 and up to $232,200
- The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience
- Be a hands-on data engineer, building, scaling and optimizing self-serve ETL frameworks that can handle both streaming and batch processing
- Design and build data observability framework
- Own the ETL workflows and make sure the pipeline meets data quality and availability requirements
- Work closely with other data engineering teams to integrate schema registry and establish data lineage for all data domains
- Work closely with our partner teams, like Data Science, Product Engineering, Analytics to help them with their data computation needs
- Joint ownership of all aspects of data - data quality, data governance, data and schema design, data quality and security
- 5+ years of experience with any of the data computation engines like Spark (AWS Glue), Flink, Storm, Heron, Samza
- 5+ years of hands-on experience to build and deploy production-quality data pipelines
- Understanding of key metrics for data pipelines and has built solutions to provide visibility to partner teams
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using any of the Data warehouses like Snowflake, AWS Redshift, BigQuery or Teradata
- Familiarity with Python and have some experience with Airflow, Terraform and one of the cloud computing services
- Track record of successful partnerships with Analytics, Data Science, Security, DevOps and Product Engineering teams
- Full-time employees are also eligible for a , competitive equity package, and benefits
Mobile banking & debit cards
Chime's mission is to make financial peace of mind a reality for everyone. The company has created "a new approach to online banking that doesn’t rely on fees, gets you your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit, and helps you grow your savings automatically."
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
Company Core Values
- Be member-obsessed.
- Be human.
- Be bold.
- Make it happen.
- Respect the rules.
- Team up.
- Chime in.