Medical Image Analysis Researcher
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA • Clifton Park, NY, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with emphasis in medical image analysis and machine learning
- Highly innovative and demonstrated track record for solving difficult technical challenges using medical image analysis algorithms
- Strong foundations in Algorithms, Data Structures, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Optimization, Probability, and/or Statistics
- Strong publication record in relevant journals and conferences such as (but not limited to) TMI, MICCAI, SPIE MI, ISBI and/or IPMI
- Familiarity with open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and machine learning such as ITK, VTK, Slicer, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras and/or PyTorch
- Experience programming in C/C++ and Python
- Develop advanced image analysis and machine learning algorithms, that will be deployed as part of software applications for medicine that are used by people and customers, every day, around the world
- Extend the capabilities of VTK, ITK, and 3D Slicer to meet the needs of academic and commercial users as they investigate new medical procedures and imaging systems, release innovative products, and improve all aspects of patient care
- Collaborate with world-class coworkers and external collaborators on dynamic, fast-paced projects
- Receive support, resources, and encouragement to seek funding to grow and develop your own projects and research areas
Software company for open source software solutions
Kitware's mission is to advance science & technology, empower global innovation and address the world’s challenges. The company specializes in the R&D of open-source software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, and technical software development.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous PTO
- comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and ADHD Insurance
- Immigration and Visa Processing
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Hardware Allowance
Company Core Values
- Culture: Promote an inclusive and energized environment that emphasizes integrity and teamwork.
- Growth: Work passionately and creatively to grow personally, professionally, and together as a company.
- Collaboration: Drive sustainable innovation through collaborative relationships with customers and open source communities.
- Open Science: Champion algorithms and open source software platforms to accelerate the pace of reproducible research and product development.
- Impact: Advance scientific understanding for the betterment of humankind.