ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton mechanical engineers architect and develop Peloton products. This individual will work collaboratively within a multi-functional team to concept, design, and manufacture the future of fitness. You will team with Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Industrial Design to translate customer needs into fully vetted products. Senior mechanical engineers will join our design - built - test engineering culture to help oversee a mechanical project team or complex electro-mechanical modules within a product. Senior engineers bring experience, and technical knowledge to the organization and help to deliver fitness products. Ideal candidates will exercise problem solving skills throughout the product life cycle to drive product quality and performance.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Lead Architecture/Design reviews
- Perform detailed design of components for fitness equipment
- Perform engineering analysis on your designs
- Help coordinate prototype builds through our in house model shop
- Write test plans, review test setups and analyze results
- Provide coaching and mentorship for team members
- Use data to drive decision making and milestone readiness on managed projects
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Product Design Engineering
- 6+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer
- Sound engineering fundamentals in statics, dynamics, stress analysis and material science.
- Experience executing finite element analysis in the development process
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD Package. Solidworks preferred.
- Ability to assemble effective reports and presentations to communicate
- Familiarity with PLM and an ECN process
- Prototype experience, selecting and sourcing appropriate prototyping methods to build engineering prototypes
- Experience writing test plans or developing engineering confidence tests
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teammates and cross functional partners
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Experience with metrology / measurement tools
AS A BONUS
- Master’s degree desirable
- Experience with thermal, kinematics, or vibration/noise analysis
- Experience specifying power transmission components, belts, pulleys, bearings etc
- Desire to be hands on: making, building, modifying, assembling, 3D printing, machining, welding etc
- Experience working with development and manufacturing partners in Asia
- Experience working as a Technical Lead
- Start-up or small company experience
- Specific expertise in fitness or high volume consumer electronics
Base Salary: $154,100.00 to $200,400.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry’s leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.