From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We’re looking for a data engineer to join our Growth team – a startup within Fivetran! As the primary data engineer on Growth, you’ll be able to operate with autonomy and create tremendous impact.
You’ll collaborate with product, engineering, data science, data analytics, sales and marketing to create an operational analytics environment that powers Fivetran’s product-led growth strategy. The models and datasets that you build will be used to improve the efficiency of the go-to-market process and empower our product, sales and marketing teams to provide timely and relevant content, support and experiences to our users. Your work will also enable the Growth team to rapidly experiment and iterate on its strategies, helping to drive critical decisions on how we shape the Fivetran product and services.
This is a full-time position based out of our Toronto office.
Technologies You’ll Use
SQL, dbt, Python, BigQuery, Looker, Sigma, Census, GitHub, NewRelic
What You’ll Do
- Create, maintain and optimize business-critical workflows
- End to end ownership of data models, pipelines, cost, monitoring and quality
- Create operational analytics environment to support new models and tools
- Design, deploy and maintain tools, systems and datasets that enable product, sales, marketing teams, analysts and data scientists to deeply understand the Fivetran customer journey and operationalize relevant targeting, segmentation and engagement
- Unify data from multiple sources owned by multiple departments
- Apply business-oriented approaches to working with data
- Develop a detailed understanding of how users engage with Fivetran product and services
Skills We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience in data engineering or similar field
- Advanced SQL in a modern data warehouse environment
- Effective use of scripting languages such as Python
- Ability to balance performance, cost and quality
- Experience with dbt
- Ability to self-govern and apply best practices
- Strong communication skills and a desire to thrive in a highly cross-functional environment
- Curiosity and a love for solving ambiguous, evolving problems
- Experience working in BigQuery
- Experience setting up an analytics environment from the ground up
- Experience working in B2B software, data products or other technical software products
- Experience collaborating directly with product, engineering, marketing and data scientists
- Experience with customer and marketing data
- Experience with experimentation use cases
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran’s benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.