Updated on 12/5/2023
Global provider of solar energy solutions and storage
Qcells North America, a globally recognized energy solutions provider, offers a comprehensive range of services including solar cell and module production, energy storage, and energy retail. With a strong presence across multiple continents, Qcells stands out for its commitment to quality service and long-term partnerships in various markets, including utility, commercial, governmental, and residential. The company's diverse geographical headquarters in Seoul, Thalheim, and San Francisco, each focusing on different aspects of the business, underscores its industry leadership and competitive advantage.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 14%
1 year growth↑ 26%
2 year growth↑ 28%
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional firmware/software development experience
- Experience with embedded systems compilers, debuggers, and IDEs
- Experience developing embedded device drivers including ADC, GPIO, PWM, UART, SPI, WiFi, cellular, etc.
- Understanding of workings of RTOS or schedulers
- Strong team player able to work in code sets with multiple developers
- Ability to integrate and troubleshoot existing code
- Ability to debug complex system-level issues and drive solutions
- Experience with communication protocols
- Experience with lab equipment: meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, etc.
- Basic understanding of schematics and circuit diagrams
- Experience with git, JIRA, and related workflows
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork in cross-functional environments
- Strong communication skills, with good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Develop and debug modular low-level, real-time, and low-latency firmware in C
- Develop control algorithms for power electronics products: solar converters, EV chargers, energy storage, etc.
- Design and implement communication protocols based on UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, and possibly higher level comm like PLC, BT, and UWB
- Participate in board bring-up, debugging, testing, and code optimization
- Collaborate with all other engineering teams (electrical, mechanical, controls)
- Support generation of software specifications and design documents
- Support project schedules and timelines
- Experience in developing firmware in power electronics projects such as motor control/drives, AC/DC and DC/DC converters, etc.
- Knowledge of continuous time and discrete time control and its implementation in embedded environments
- Knowledge of scripting languages or any other high-level languages
- Knowledge of FPGA programming and ASIC development
- Experience in mobile app integration for data collection and visualization
- Experience in cloud data storage