Director – Partner Business Development
Posted on 2/3/2024
Industry's first multi-channel loan origination system
MeridianLink stands out as a leading company in the financial technology sector, offering robust digital lending and account opening solutions to financial institutions, while also providing data verification services to consumer reporting agencies. Their unique business model fosters a culture of technical advancement and industry leadership, enabling employees to contribute to the development of critical financial management tools. This focus on continuous improvement and commitment to supporting consumers' financial journeys makes MeridianLink an attractive workplace for those seeking to make a significant impact in the fintech industry.
Data & Analytics
Costa Mesa, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -1%
2 year growth↑ 19%
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Business & Strategy
Finance & Banking
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in corporate strategy and allocation
- Experience in product-level P&Ls & priorities
- Experience in revenue and financial reporting
- Experience in developing strategic market/product line business plans
- Experience in conducting market analysis and make-versus-buy analysis
- Ability to provide guidance to subordinates
- Ability to recommend changes to policies and establish procedures
- Ability to execute financials, business planning, organizational priorities, and workforce
- Ability to develop and manage operational initiatives
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Identify, negotiate, and manage business relationships for a defined portfolio of products and partners
- Deliver partner specific GTM programs, including sales enablement programs
- Partner closely with Product owners on third-party integrations
- Identify volume and strategic customers and maintain partnerships
- Analyze market data to identify trends/opportunities
- Develop strategic direction from market information
- Create compelling market analysis presentations
- Conduct make-versus-buy analysis from a partnership/merger/acquisition perspective
- Establish annual objectives and execute tactics to meet those objectives
- Guide by function or department practices and well-defined management precedents
- Hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews with managing the activities of first-level managers and/or supervisors
- Experience in managing third-party integration relationships
- Experience in developing short and long-term business growth and opportunities
- Experience in overseeing the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs
- Experience in interacting frequently with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group professionals
- Experience in impact partnering with key contacts outside own area of expertise and other external stakeholders
The Director of Partner Business Development, management level 3, of the Marketplace subfamily in the Product job family is responsible for corporate strategy and allocation, product-level P&Ls & priorities, and operating rhythm. The Marketplace subfamily is responsible for the integration of partner relationships, including identification, negotiation, onboarding, and continued maintenance of third-party partner relationships. Responsible for planning and managing revenue and financial reporting and targets. Like Product Management, but with additional roles and responsibilities that would often be found in other job families. The Director of Partner Business will develop, acquire, negotiate, and manage third-party, integration relationships. The management level 3 role will develop and implement short and long-term business growth and opportunities. The role will oversee the development of strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in designated market segments.
The Director of Partner Business Development will identify, negotiate, and manage business relationships for a defined portfolio of products and partners.
Expected to deliver partner specific GTM programs, including sales enablement programs.
The role will partner closely with Product owners on third-party integrations and coordinate across other organization functions.
The Director of Partner Business Development identifies volume and strategic customers and maintains partnerships.
Responsible for analyzing market data to identify trends/opportunities, developing strategic direction from market information, and creating compelling market analysis presentations.
Expected to conduct a make-versus-buy analysis from a partnership/merger/acquisition perspective.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The level 3 management position is expected to execute processes within a subfunction or department. The role requires the establishment of annual objectives and the execution of tactics to meet those objectives. The level 3 management role often includes P&L responsibilities. The role will have a broad knowledge of the field with proven leadership skills. The individual in the role will be responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews with managing the activities of first-level managers and/or supervisors. The level 3 management position will guide by function or department practices and well-defined management precedents.
Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
Ability to provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established MeridianLink policies
Ability to recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect section or multiple disciplines
Ability to execute financials, business planning, organizational priorities, and workforce.
Ability to follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Ability to develop and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
Interacts frequently with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group professionals, involving matters between sections and multiple units.
Responsible for impact partnering with key contacts outside own area of expertise and other external stakeholders.
Ability to effectively communicates and present results and recommendations across discipline.
MeridianLink has a wonderful culture where people value the work they do and appreciate each other for their contributions. We develop our employees so they can grow professionally by preferring to promote from within. We have an open-door policy with direct access to executives; we want to hear your ideas and what you think. Our company believes that to be productive in the long term, we must have a genuine work-life balance. We understand that employees have families and full lives outside of the office. To that end, we honor their personal commitments.
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background check, credit check, and drug test as part of our offer process.
Salary range of $165,000 to $195,000. [It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range.] The actual salary will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law including geographical location.
Potential For Equity-Based Awards
Insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
Flexible paid time off
401(k) plan with company match
All compensation and benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the underlying plans or programs, as applicable and as may be amended, terminated, or superseded from time to time.