Senior Engineering Manager
Posted on 10/6/2022
Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or in a related technical field
- A track record of recruiting and leading technical teams
- Solid engineering fundamentals with
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Lead a team of talented engineers in the design, development and support of a fault-tolerant, performant metastore comprised of many technologies
- Grow the team by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new team members
- Develop the future leaders of Dremio by providing continuous mentorship, coaching, and growth opportunities
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions relating to your team
- Translate product requirements into engineering work for your team, reaching out to others for assistance as needed
- Collaborate with other leaders in the Engineering and Product organizations on quarterly planning, staffing, and project schedules
- Shift resources across areas and projects to achieve execution goals and to respond to lessons from customer and production issues
- Use your strong foundation as a technical leader to reliably deliver on complex projects while keeping the quality bar high
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation while also promoting practical decision-making
- Demonstrate responsibility, integrity, and empathy
- Background in large scale data processing systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, and schema design
- Experience designing and building complex distributed systems
- Proven experience with authoring roadmap documents, project plans, and RCAs
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.