Posted on 2/23/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Can read and understand Work instructions
- Can provide training to others as we bring on additional help
- Understands FIFO principles of stock rotation and shelf life
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian
- Minimum of 1 year experience programming industrial robots. Rivian will provide ABB specific training or have 5+ years manually painting automotive parts
- Must demonstrate competence of ABB simulation software within 1 year of being in the position. This software knowledge will be required for Rivian to provide future model launch capability in application automation
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather
- Understand and troubleshoot fluid delivery systems
- Demonstrate application with understanding the science of appearance
- Must be able to interpret engineering process sheets and apply paint layers to the requirements
- Remain in assigned work area unless otherwise requested to support another zone
- Complete all shift communications before end of shift, i.e. Communication emails, Paint schedule changes, and Equipment repair
- Perform QC checks including dehydration checks, colorimeter, wavescan, PELT, and elcometer
- Perform Robot cleaning
- Perform bell cup cleaning & inspections
- Responsible to produce quality with the minimum amount of material
- Quarterly feedback to TM's, TC's and Quality group
- Robot fault recovery
- Complete assigned Robot PM's
- Support line during lunch and breaks
- Operate lift trucks as required
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team