Quartzy is seeking a dynamic Fulfillment Manager to oversee our Pine Brook, NJ fulfillment center. This role is extremely hands-on and you’ll be working alongside the team you’ll be overseeing. Our fulfillment associates are cross-trained in all aspects of the warehouse operations(Receiving, Picking, Packing, Shipping, Counts) and we expect our warehouse leader to be an active participate in these day-to-day activities.
This role is on-site at the Quartzy Fulfillment Center located in the Pine Brook, NJ vicinity.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You’ll Do
- Effectively and safely manage the day-to-day operations of the fulfillment center by monitoring workflows, accuracy, and productivity of fulfillment associates
- Work in conjunction with other departments to manage inventory control and distribution activities throughout the warehouse
- Maintain inventory in an organized manner
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse and equipment
- Maintain a productive warehouse by hiring and training associates
- Motivate and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity standards are met
- Enforce best practices to ensure accurate and on time shipping to our customers
- Produce reports and statistics on a routine basis
- Drive efficient shipping & receiving practices along with the proper storage of products
- Maintain open two-way communication that encourage performance enhancements
- Ensure safety and all other policies are implemented and followed consistently
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years managing a large fast paced warehouse operation
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- ERP Experience(Netsuite preferred)
- Experience utilizing Warehouse Management System(RFSmart preferred)
- Analytical skills and strategic planning
- Continuous Improvement and training
- Knowledge of inventory control Best Practices
- Experience storing, handling and shipping hazardous materials
- Experience storing handling, and shipping cold chain items(2-8C,-20C)
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations
- Forklift experience and certification
What We Offer
- Great Culture - Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Transparency - Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off - Take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear - We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you. We’d love to hear from you if so.
Quartzy takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range for this position represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary possibilities for this position based on all US locations. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Salary is just one component of our total rewards package. The salary ranges may be modified in the future.
Salary range: $75,000 - $95,000
All regular full-time employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program, excluding sales who are eligible for performance based variable sales incentives. Additionally, full time employees receive medical, dental and vision coverage with generous premium contributions for both employees and their families, the option of a Health Savings Account with employer match, company paid disability and life insurance with opportunity to add additional coverage for you and your family.
Quartzy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of this policy and legal compliance, Quartzy will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Quartzy will also accommodate a religious belief or practice (including religious dress and grooming practices, such as religious clothing or hairstyles) if the accommodation is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quartzy, Inc. will comply with any and all applicable local, city, county, state and federal laws, regulations and orders now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted.