Silver Spring, Maryland
6 month growth↑ 10%
1 year growth↑ 18%
2 year growth↑ 60%
- 7+ years of professional experience with Node.js/TypeScript, React (or similar framework), GraphQL, and Postgres (or similar relational database)
- Ability to understand the bigger picture of how the software being built benefits users
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex problems
- Accountability and follow-up on shipped changes
- Effective collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Work with a cross-functional team to deliver a high-impact product in the form of a credit card
- Own complex features end-to-end, from initial design stages through to production
- Develop with TypeScript, React[-Native], Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL
- Ensure good user experience and maintain a high technical bar
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions
ABOUT ROCKET MONEY 🔮
Rocket Money’s mission is to empower people to live their best financial lives. Rocket Money offers members a unique understanding of their finances and a suite of valuable services that save them time and money – ultimately giving them a leg up on their financial journey.
ABOUT THE TEAM 🤝
The Card Enablement team is focused on building out the shared software platform underpinning our credit card product, optimizing operational efficiency through internal tooling, and improving the developer experience for our product engineering teams. Whether it’s building credit, staying out of debt, or paying down your mortgage sooner, we’re developing a suite of products to help people reach their financial goals. Card Enablement is pivotal to accomplishing this mission by:
- Shipping features that allow us to leverage the Rocket ecosystem and external vendors to deliver as much value as possible to our cardholders.
- Creating the operational tooling that helps us maintain NPS scores far above the industry average.
- Engineering solutions that deliver business-critical data, allow us to uphold our commitment to user privacy, and protect our cardholders from fraud and security vulnerabilities.
- Paying down technical debt and solving other technical problems that would otherwise slow down high-performing engineering teams.
- Ensuring that our automated testing enables us to confidently ship early and often.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL:
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers, analysts, and more to deliver a high-impact product to our customers in the form of a credit card with which to make their daily purchases.
- Own complex features end-to-end, from initial product & technical design stages through to production, ensuring the appropriate engineering rigor has been applied as we put these financial products in front of our customers.
- Develop with TypeScript across the stack, building user interfaces using React[-Native] and the backend support required to power them with Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Be a steward of good user experience, ensuring that the interfaces we present our users are performant, understandable, and delightful.
- Help to maintain our high technical bar, participating in code reviews and design discussions to ensure that we’re applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 7+ years of professional experience working with some combination of Node.js/TypeScript, React (or similar framework), GraphQL, and Postgres (or similar relational database).
- You’re not just interested in what you’re building, but also why you’re building it. You want to see the bigger picture of how the software you‘re building is benefitting our users.
- You dig deep to understand nuanced and multi-faceted problems and tenaciously break them down into tractable pieces.
- You are someone who holds themself accountable and follows up on the changes you’ve shipped to ensure they are working as expected.
- You not only collaborate effectively with others across different teams but actively think about how your work can increase their impact.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Additional Information: Salary range of $150,000 - $185,000/year + bonus + benefits. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rocket Money is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.