Staff Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • United States
- Minimum of 15+ years of engineering experience OR equivalent combined work experience reflecting domain expertise as relevant to this position
- Demonstrated experience of leading company-wide initiatives spanning multiple teams and organizations OR leveraging deep domain expertise to influence tech roadmap planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to balance execution and velocity with security, reliability, and efficiency
- Experience, mentoring, and investing in the development engineers and peers
- Create long term technical vision for the org, and identify paths to deliver value in shorter term phases
- Lead the 0-1 delivery of powerful, flexible, and user-friendly infrastructure that powers all of ML at Stripe
- Designing and building fast, reliable services for ML feature engineering, model training and model serving, and scaling that infrastructure across multiple regions
- As a leader within Engineering, assist with team growth and development while maintaining a high bar for excellence and and technical curiosity
- Create services and libraries that enable ML engineers at Stripe to seamlessly transition from experimentation to production across Stripe's systems
- Own and build cross-functional partnerships with stakeholders including dependency engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Experience optimizing the end-to-end performance of distributed systems
- Experience designing and implementing data processing systems using the lambda architecture
- Experience debugging and optimizing large scale data pipelines using Apache Spark
- Experience training and shipping machine learning models to production to solve critical business problems
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious