Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- Previous exposure testing or supporting trading strategies and activity
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience working with exchange order and mass quoting protocols
- Experience working in fast-paced development environments and working with dynamic data and complex systems
- Scripting experience with Python or similar scripting language preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Perform testing of proprietary trading/quoting systems and validation of new functionality
- Work with developers to understand functionality of system, determine testing priorities and develop test cases for the system
- Develop scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring test system components
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Test upgrade of new versions of client software and work with production support staff to ensure consistent operation of production systems
- Work with key end users of application to understand usage and production issues in order to fine tune test case coverage for critical functionality while optimizing time to production
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Reproduce issues discovered in production using the test environments in order to help identify issues and solutions
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.