What’s so interesting about this role?
As a Staff Data Scientist, Analytics at Grindr, you will partner with Product to improve user experience and grow subscription revenue. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, collaborate with a cross-functional team, and own results that contribute meaningfully to the world’s best app for queer dating.
What’s the job?
- Partner with Product to develop metrics and conduct analysis for measuring impact of decisions on KPIs
- During feature development, design analytics products and experiments that will appropriately measure impact
- Work with Product to establish, reach consensus, and build analytics products to monitor high-level metrics for specific business areas and the Product organization overall
- Roll out experiments and interpret results in a way that appropriately represents statistical uncertainty and ambiguity while giving informed recommendations
- Develop and define success metrics for monetization and user experience initiatives and build analytics products to automate their measurement
- Be a leader in improving team and organizational collaboration, including how we work with business stakeholders and use data to make decisions
- Measure business performance by conducting analytical research, interpreting results of experiments, and building dashboards
- Mentor other data scientists and analysts on the team
What we’ll love about you
- 7+ years of proven experience in a product analytics role
- Experience communicating results and recommendations clearly in a cross-functional environment to an executive audience
- Proven record partnering with stakeholders to drive alignment, results, and informed decision making
- Fluency in SQL and data analytics tools in Python
- Expertise with a data visualization tool (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Background in guiding A/B testing best practices in an industry setting
- Preferred M.S. in statistics, engineering, applied math, economics, decision science, operations research, or a related quantitative field
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong and scrappy problem-solving mindset
- Understanding of subscription revenue and financial modeling
- Experience in a dating/social networking/mobile tech company
- Bias for action
What you’ll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Base Pay Range