We are currently looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing Web Applications team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Web Applications, you’ll work on complex projects, actively contribute to back-end and front-end initiatives, and grow along with other engineers as you develop solutions for our software as a service (SaaS) products, helping scientists save time and increase their experiment quality.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We do this by empowering scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, easy-to-use biomedical artificial intelligence software platform, thereby avoiding delays that slow the progress of medicine to clinical trials. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for more than 41,000 scientists that accelerates research at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centres. We’re a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
- Implement new features and bug fixes as part of a larger cross-functional team of data engineers, product managers, designers, and scientists
- Work within your immediate team of 3-5 full-stack engineers to do technical investigations, solution designs, code implementation with automated tests, and code reviews
- Adhere to and improve our high standards of highly scalable and maintainable code
- Help set a high standard for exceptional engineers who are outcome-oriented and improve the team’s culture
- Be given an unmatched opportunity for accelerated growth and learn from a team of world-class engineers
- Provide troubleshooting analysis and resolution in a timely manner
- Work on projects involving some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Solve difficult problems and bring new perspectives to the team
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- High comfort working with a Python/Django back-end and a React/Typescript front-end
- 4+ years of experience working as a professional full-stack developer
- A desire to continuously improve products, your work environment, and yourself
- A humble and ambitious eagerness to make a positive difference in the world with like-minded people
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives
Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to [email protected]