IT Help Desk Technician
Posted on 11/9/2023
Project-oriented services in power delivery, industrial operations, and
Crest Industries, established in 1958, is a comprehensive solution provider for industrial projects, specializing in electric power delivery, industrial services, distribution, and natural resources. The company fosters a culture of continuous improvement, questioning the status quo, and teamwork, while prioritizing ethical practices and customer satisfaction. With a commitment to privacy and personalization, Crest Industries uses data-driven strategies to enhance user experience and deliver targeted advertising, demonstrating its industry leadership and competitive edge.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 15%
1 year growth↑ 27%
2 year growth↑ 14%
Alexandria, LA, USA
IT & Security
- Associate degree or greater in Computer Information Systems (or similar program of study)
- Minimum of two years of work experience in an IT Help Desk Technician position (or equivalent role)
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures, improving processes by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Provide technical support to users by researching and answering questions.
- Troubleshoot problems, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and determining and implementing solutions.
- Provide answers to clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes information systems and organizational missions by completing related results as needed.
- Experience working as front-line support via phone, ticket system/email, and face-to-face interaction in a professional environment - both on-site and remotely
- Experience with configuration and deployment of the Windows 10 desktop operating system within a Microsoft domain environment
- Experience working within Active Directory executing common administrative tasks (account creation, security group assignment)
- Certifications – Windows 10 (MD-100/MD-101), CompTIA ITF+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
- Experience with AUTODESK end-user software support
- Experience with Imaging computers.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Admin Center.