Posted on 4/27/2022
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Is able to collaborate in person 2-4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based
- Brings at least 3 years of experience in back-end development, ideally using Java or other JVM languages
- Displays excellent software-engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Demonstrates perseverance when faced with tough technical issues
- Has some experience with AWS or other cloud offerings, such as GCP and Azure
- Has experience building, deploying, and debugging production systems at scale
- Cares about the end-user experience and strives to ensure a high quality
- Start building and pushing code in your first week and ship important features in your first few months
- Build and support production services with high call rates
- Target high availability for consumer and enterprise customers
- Learn how to build infrastructure as code
- Collaborate widely with internal teams to make experimentation infrastructure
- Contribute to an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, and user experience
- Evaluate the systems and technology in place today while proposing systems and architecture that can scale for the future
- Have the opportunity to mentor new hires
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.