Senior Technical Program Manager
Posted on 2/1/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Strong leadership skills: Experience leading complex technical and operational programs with proven ability to establish comprehensive plans, manage risk, analyze opportunities, and define successful approaches. Demonstrate good judgement and the ability to work productively without supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills: Ability to identify issues and work proactively in addressing them. Action and detail oriented in responding to obstacles. Creative and methodic ability to lead teams in addressing problems
- Strong general management skills: Individuals must be self-motivated in an entrepreneurial environment. Multitaskers, able to work effectively on their own, as well as in a team setting. Must be able to navigate a matrix project structure, sharing responsibilities with other managers. Must have good time management skills with a knack for corralling cross-functional teams around plans and priorities
- Strong communication skills: Must be able to exhibit poised leadership in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Ability to take ambiguous situations and add structure and clarity for the team. Must be able to effectively escalate, report status, and relay direction/decisions across organizations, and at all levels of the company in both written and in-person scenarios
- Bachelor or Master's degree, preferably in a technical discipline, with 10+ years professional work experience in technical management, project management, or other cross-functional role in launching new products
- Establish ownership of one or more highly complex programs by turning strategic initiative into executable plans. Drive overall program execution to completion across all organizations involved in product launch, navigating intentional and unintentional changes along the way
- Provide consistent team leadership through influence and example. Maintain team focus on achieving product requirements and project milestones. Provide continuity from the start to end of a project, managing cross-functional technical teams to successfully meet deliverables, as it moves through the various phases of product development
- Manage program deliverables and transitions between Engineering and Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Management, Customer Service & Support, Marketing & Sales, and Finance to ensure that program goals are being met. Seek out and drive collaboration across departments
- Drive decision making through effective and efficient analysis to instigate decisions that deliver results. Steer the team to meet technical product goals. Maintain alignment between project direction and product strategy, escalating and socializing decisions appropriately
- Anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle and identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. Act to mitigate risks and remove roadblocks by bringing energy and thoughtful guidance to all natures of problem solving, while tracking issues through to resolution
- Promote effective, efficient, and proactive information flow between functions, and across organizational levels, to maintain continuous awareness and alignment of status, decisions, and course of action. Act as a strategic partner with senior management in all functions of product development and launch
3D printing technology
Carbon is on a mission to enable creators everywhere to make what the world needs right now. Carbon develops 3D printing technology for enterprises.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership / Reimbursement
- PTO / Vacation Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- WE ARE AMBITIOUS - Be bold. Take risks.
- WE ARE INNOVATIVE - Innovate from diverse perspectives.
- WE HAVE INTEGRITY - Do what’s right.
- WE ARE COLLABORATIVE - Building together makes us better.
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE - Take ownership. Make it happen.