The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
We are adding a Senior Corporate Counsel opportunity to our legal team! Here, you can expect to operate and execute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, exhibiting strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and strong legal, interpersonal and communication skills. You will handle corporate securities and governance matters, and play a key role in other legal areas as needed, such as commercial contracting and M&A transactions. This role requires a proactive, flexible, and positive mindset and someone who is a problem-solver at their core. You will have the opportunity to focus on improving legal operations and are comfortable in high-growth, startup type environments. The ideal candidate is an experienced corporate or corporate securities lawyer with deep knowledge of corporate securities and corporate governance.
A day in the life could include:
- Providing legal guidance and support on a wide range of corporate and corporate securities matters and corporate governance issues
- Reviewing, negotiating, and drafting legal documents
- Advising on potential legal risks and developing strategies to mitigate those risks
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure that the company’s business activities are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Assisting with the management of outside counsel and legal expenses
- Staying up-to-date on developments in corporate and securities areas and industry trends
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- 5-8+ years of experience in a law firm with a focus on corporate/corporate securities
- Strong understanding of corporate securities and corporate governance
- Outstanding communicator with ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience executing projects in a complex organizational environment and the ability to work on several diverse projects at the same time
- IPO Experience
- Insurance industry experience
- In-house public company experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.