We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We’re tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we’re redefining what’s possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally to help set the direction and drive the development of Sila’s next-generation battery materials. This includes identifying customer needs, deeply understanding product capabilities, and helping to define Sila’s product roadmap.
You have deep technical experience in batteries and the automotive battery industry. You have contributed to the launch of at least one generation of automotive battery cells at an auto OEM, cell manufacturer, and/or active materials supplier and know what is needed to be successful in the automotive battery market. You are a data-driven, structured problem solver who thrives in providing clarity and direction in a constantly evolving, often ambiguous environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define clear, detailed requirements and specifications for products Sila is developing
- Create and maintain key elements of Sila’s product roadmap
- Understand the competitive landscape and where Sila fits in it
- Provide a nuanced understanding and analyses of target markets and plans to be successful in those markets
- Identify gaps in Sila’s roadmaps and align the team on plans to close gaps
- Prepare business cases and other analyses vital to ease cross-functional decision making
- Improve how Sila develops products. This includes, but is not limited to, what the product management team does and how we work
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 5+ years in the battery engineering group of an automotive company, cell manufacturer, or battery materials company
- Deep technical knowledge of batteries
- Experience introducing a new generation of battery cells into a production electric vehicle and/or introducing a next generation of active materials into a battery cell used for electric vehicles.
- Experience being part of the supplier evaluation of multiple batteries and/or active materials from different vendors for selection by an automaker and/or cell maker
- Knowledge of what matters in deciding on an automotive battery cell and/or new battery material and how decisions are made (i.e. what metrics/criteria are used to assess new battery cells/battery materials, who are decision makers, what is the decision-making process, etc.)
- Understanding of market trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs
- Ability to collaborate, effectively communicate, and drive actions from team members outside their organization
- Does not need to have past product management experience, but is able and excited to learn what is needed to be a successful product manager at Sila
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc, in a fixed location
- Apply established protocols in a timely manner
The starting base pay for this role is between $146,000 and $184,250 at the time of posting. The actual base pay within these ranges depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.