Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
A Field Service Engineer I (FSE I), reporting to Field Service Management will be responsible for the installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of the Tablo Dialysis System.
The FSE will interface professionally with Clinical Staff as well as our patients and will be one of the key faces of Outset. The FSE will provide exceptional customer support and should be able to apply basic engineering theory to accurately diagnose issues, understand root causes, and apply appropriate solutions. The FSE will assist Production and Engineering when needed and as the service schedule allows. They will additionally provide support to Marketing or Sales for seminars, trade shows, and other demonstrations, as necessary. The Field Service Engineer will also supply feedback to R&D regarding system performance, serviceability improvements as well as customer feedback. They may also be asked to help develop training or service manual materials as time permits.
They will be responsible to properly document all activities and jobs performed in accordance with Outset’s Quality Management System policies and procedures. The FSE will also manage and maintain Outset’s assets (tools, equipment, and trunk inventory) in accordance with those same policies and procedures. The FSE should expect to travel within the United States up to 75% of the time initially with the potential for worldwide travel as the company grows.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide on demand first and second level technical support to customers including after-hours phone support, holiday and weekend on-site support as required.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair Tablo Dialysis Systems at customer facilities or patient’s homes. Must have strong knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and fluids components.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance that includes calibrations, hardware or software upgrades and verification of system specifications.
- Become a technical subject matter expert on the Tablo product.
- Ability to address and resolve customer issues and escalations.
- Complete all field service and expense reports according to functional standards.
- Support Marketing and Sales for seminars, trade shows, or demonstrations as required.
- Provide detailed feedback to R&D regarding performance, serviceability, and customer comments.
- Support the development of training and service materials.
- Accurately document all service activities, maintain spares inventory, and provide parts usage and failures within the ERP system.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and re-prioritize duties throughout the day.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with customers, patients, and internal personnel.
- Manage and maintain company assets required to perform all necessary job functions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to charge travel expenses on a personal credit card to be reimbursed by company.
- Associates degree (Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Fluidics) strongly preferred or military equivalent.
- 2+ years Field Service experience in the Medical Equipment Industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret electronic and fluidics schematic diagrams and flowcharts.
- Ability to respond in verbal or written form (email) to inquiries or complaints from customers or co-workers.
- Excellent computer and technology skills with regards to software applications, (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) ERP databases, and technology innovation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Note: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Annual Salary range for this position is: $34-40 per hour plus bonus and stock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals will be required to sit for most of the day and will be required to stand as needed. May require walking, primarily on a level surface for periods of time throughout the day. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. Proper lifting techniques will be required to lift to 75lbs. Individuals will be required to travel via airplane, train, taxi, car and/or other means of transportation as needed.
Privacy is important to us. Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Outset Medical is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other protected status set forth in federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.