Electrical Engineering Intern
Posted on 2/2/2022
- Circuit Design & Simulation
- Prototype Fabrication & Assembly
- Prototype Testing/Characterization
- Support Prototype Integration into VR Software Experiences
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with schematic capture, layout, and simulation
- Experience with hardware test & validation, and ability to use common lab test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, DMMs, Power Supplies, Current Probes, Temperature Chambers, etc.)
- Experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware issues at board level
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration
- Strong documentation & communication skills
- Basic understanding of various communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.)
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math or a related STEM field
- Orcad/Cadence circuit design experience
- Prior internship experience
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
- Experience with capacitive touch sensing, haptic feedback
- Experience with other input sensing technologies such as IMUs, proximity sensors, hall sensors, optical sensors, biosensors, cameras, etc
- Experience writing firmware for standard microcontrollers
- Experience with power budget modeling
- Python scripting experience (for data visualization and/or automation)
- Consumer electronics/mass production experience
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.