Senior Front End Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Strong understanding of React.js, NextJS, with at least 5 years of experience developing software
- Experience using other frontend web frameworks
- A deeply rooted love for testing
- Can communicate complex technical issues
- Proven history of making empathy-driven development decisions to ensure that delivering an amazing user experience is always at the top of mind
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to design, implement, build and maintain our modern front-end website
We’re currently seeking a Senior Front End Engineer (React) to help us tackle unique technical challenges! Our clients’ user bases require petabyte-scale backends and well-built SDKs. Our platform processes millions of transactions per minute, delivering experiences to 100s of millions of devices globally. Chances are, you probably already have our technology in your phone right now. You will be part of an amazing team that uses the latest technologies to tackle unique challenges that face a rich customer experience and feature management platform.
Born at Y Combinator alongside Airbnb, Dropbox, and DoorDash, Taplytics helps power the experiences within today’s leading brands like RBC Royal Bank, Lookout, Grubhub, and Crate&Barrel to drive more revenue through their apps and websites.
A brainchild of Taplytics, DevCycle was created as a result of overwhelming feedback from our clients. DevCycle helps modern dev teams release code faster and safer. It’s a new vision of feature management that goes beyond risk reduction and enables dev teams to maximize feature impact. It’s built for dev teams who are tired of the stress, complexity, and risk of releasing new code.
Come join the team responsible for the platform chosen by high-growth start-ups to Fortune 500 companies around the world. We’re designing the future of software development. Learn more about DevCycle here. Come hang out with us here.
Got some time? Check our Taplytics podcast here!
About the Role: Senior Front End Engineer (React)
Taplytics is growing and is looking to increase the team’s experience base by adding a Senior React Engineer that can work with product and design to build great experiences for our users. You’ll get the chance to make key judgement calls that will impact the future of our company and our clients’ applications.
We operate using a microservice architecture with many services built using Node.js and Python. Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch. We run at petabyte scale delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. Our systems are hosted across AWS using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
Our modern web front-end is built using NextJS, against a NestJS backend. We are continuously building on a very advanced web dashboard with interactive interfaces to modify the layout of mobile applications in visual A/B Test Experiments, develop rich messaging campaigns across many platforms, and new interfaces for seamlessly connecting together all functionality in our platform. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Take fully completed designs from Figma to reality
- Establish best practices and set standards for modern frontend development
- Level up other frontend engineers on the team
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of offering
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment
- Create unit testing and integration testing strategies
- Participate in an iterative approach to product development
- Drive the architecture, product backlog and timelines
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- Strong understanding of React.js, NextJS, with at least 5 years of experience developing software.
- Experience using other frontend web frameworks.
- A deeply rooted love for testing.
- Can communicate complex technical issues.
- Proven history of making empathy-driven development decisions to ensure that delivering an amazing user experience is always at the top of mind.
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to design, implement, build and maintain our modern front-end website.
What you’ll get from us:
Our growing team works with some of the world’s best-known brands on very complex and unique technical challenges. Our culture of building, learning and experimentation through collaboration allows us to work on new ideas and try out innovative tech and processes. This means you’ll add valuable experience to your resume quickly and have lots of opportunity for personal and career growth. While you’re working to grow the company, we’ll have your back with a competitive salary, mentorship, Employee Stock Options, unlimited vacation, education reimbursement, and robust health benefits starting day one.
We have a hybrid work environment that allows you to do your best work where it makes the most sense to do so. We have a modern office in the heart of the King St & Spadina tech hub for our team to collaborate, plan, and do creative work together, or just enjoy a new space to work in. We offer catered lunches so you can connect with your team members and get to know other teams. We approach internal meetings with a hybrid-first approach and will provide work equipment for both home and in-office use.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a diverse team that embodies our values of mutual collaboration and respect. We recognize how the input of different experiences can positively impact the product and service we deliver to our customers.