Backend Engineer I
Posted on 12/16/2022
Irvine, CA, USA • Remote
Data Structures & Algorithms
- You are objective, empathetic, passionate and curious
- You have an understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
- You enjoy thinking of the customer first when writing code
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You actively invest in keeping up with current best practices and new technologies
- You insist on quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience building and supporting production software
- Expertise with SQL or NoSQL solutions
- Experience with API design and implementation (REST/GraphQL)
- Strong understanding of object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Expertise in a major, dynamically typed, programming language
- Strong understanding of algorithms, time complexity, data structures and design patterns
- Strong track record of good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality and documentation
- Knowledge of CICD and drive the org towards higher efficiency in releasing software
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- You will lead key web service development with a focus on availability, latency, and capacity
- You will own all aspects of the code you produce including unit tests, automated tests, and operational support
- You will create service designs and lead architectural reviews
- You will lead the operational health of Investment web services and drive continuous improvement in the alit of the services you own
- You will help release our software to production by collaborating with other engineering teams
Saving and investing app
Acorn's mission is to look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming, beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Learning & Development
- Flexible Work Hours
- Quarterly Team Outings
- Personal Development Plans
- Annual Compensation Reviews
Company Core Values
- Lead with heart - With compassion, integrity and tenacity, inspire yourself and others to move past all previous thresholds of possibility.
- Make bold decisions - We are creating a new world. Be optimistic, adventurous, and courageous. Leap fearlessly into the future.
- Always build trust - Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you're going to do. We are all owners. We are one team.
- Never stop growing - Change IS the constant. Stay hungry and curious. Be relentless in the pursuit of progress.
- Find a way - Never settle, no excuses, nothing is impossible. Just make it happen!