Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 3/24/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer developing production code
- Experience with Python is preferred
- Preferred Experience in one or more of the following areas: Big Data analysis (Big Query, Presto, Hive), Message Queuing services (Kafka, Amazon Simple Queue Service), Hadoop, and distributed data stores (Hbase, Cassandra)
- Exposure to design patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.