Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform for women, who are often at the center of fertility care decisions and consequences. Plus, Carrot serves people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot’s comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives.
Carrot seeks a talented, highly motivated, and mission-driven attorney with healthcare privacy experience to serve as Commercial Counsel for Carrot. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements, including strategic partnerships to support our sales, marketing, & product teams. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations, with a special focus on data privacy issues pertaining to those transactions. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team supporting Carrot’s goal to provide fertility support to all.
You will join a collaborative team of legal professionals dedicated to working together to resolve the challenging legal problems faced by Carrot’s rapidly growing global business.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 4+ years of relevant technology transactions experience, either in-house and/or at a law firm.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Proven experience in drafting and negotiation along with business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Excellent judgment in analyzing and advising business on legal, financial, operational, and reputational risks presented by various corporate initiatives and concessions requested in contracting.
- Hardworking, well organized and experience managing numerous projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure, and with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Willing to take leadership of process and other gaps in order to drive discrete projects to resolution, whether legal matter or otherwise.
- Experience with privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, including those relevant for health tech organizations.
- Familiarity with privacy enhancing technologies.
- Familiarity with employee benefits laws (specifically health and welfare law) and applicability to third-party administrators
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The expected base salary for this position will range from $193,000 - $225,000. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is fully distributed, with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.