Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Experience with distributed systems
- Curiosity and ability to figure out what's important and shepherd technical projects
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Shipping new products that will increase Reddit's ability to deliver information real-time
- Creating a unified and seamless experience between desktop and mobile
- Building tools that will improve the safety and experience of our users
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.