Business area: PR & Influence
Team: Influence (Strategy)
Location: London (Sea Containers)
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Full Time/Part time: Full-Time
Contract duration: 6-months
Reporting into: Creative Strategic Officer
Our vision is to inspire brands and people to impact the world. To create big ideas that make a significant contribution to the planet, society, and the bottom line. We believe in today’s world this is the best way for our clients to achieve sustainable growth.
We achieve this by breaking down the barriers that restrict talent and ideas, we call this Borderless Creativity.
Which is why our teams work fluidly across 5 capabilities: Advertising, Growth and Innovation, Experience, PR and I, and Health. This allows us to not only operate but innovate at the intersection of capabilities and talent. We believe impact and magic lies at this intersection. Ogilvy scales this by seamlessly connecting and accessing the deep cultural expertise of 132 offices in 83 countries.
Our mission: We inspire brands and people to impact the world
How we do it: We innovate and operate at the intersection of people and capabilities
What we do: Borderless creativity
About this role:
We are looking for a brilliant thinker who creates compelling influence and social strategies rooted in culture that earn the right to be seen, shared and talked about.
As part of the PR and Influence offering at Ogilvy UK, you will bring insight, inspiration and strategic counsel to a broad range of high-profile (mostly consumer) brands.
You’ll be working primarily within the Influence team – so knowing how to earn attention through influencers and the channels they work on is key – but earned-first experience and insight is increasingly relevant for all of Ogilvy’s mega businesses. From customer experience, behavioural science or advertising and branding – you’ll have plenty of shiny new toys and teams to play with.
The mission of the strategy team is not only to find smart answers to client’s tough problems but to make the creative output of the agency the best it can be. Projects range from brand led strategic positioning projects, launching new products and services, developing influencer strategies, channel recommendations and spotting / identifying trends and topics we could leverage and amplify.
In our world, no day, nor brief, is the same, so embracing agility and efficiency are vital. You will know the importance of working collaboratively with other planners to solve problems, as much as you know how to guide creatives and creators. And of course, bringing a natural curiosity for the many different ways customers interact with brands and the constantly evolving and innovating world of digital / social channels is key.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who has the thirst for unlocking powerful insights and comms plans to drive great earned first thinking across influence and social channels.
Defining the problem: What have we been asked to do, what can we do, what should we do?
Challenge assumptions & lead across disciplines so the entire picture makes sense.
- Analysis of briefs from clients to distil the true nature of their problems and the role of influence and social in solving them.
- Lead research tasks for brand, category and culture immersion to inform the creative process.
- Seen as integral member of the client team "the go to consult" for a new brief.
Insight Creation: Finding things out, filtering them, rethinking them laterally to inspire.
Pioneer new research techniques with client and get to insights that shape businesses.
- Be our cultural ear to the ground, bring new inspiration and research on trends, tribes, new innovations and fresh new thinking that are popping up in the influence / social / digital landscape.
- Bring the best of external insight to sharpen briefs and identify compelling creative territories.
- Able to assess research findings at speed and find new knowledge and insights.
- On top of the latest and most innovative research techniques and advocating their use.
Setting the Path: Giving inspiration, clarity & confidence to the team about what needs to be done.
Act as a triumvirate with Account and Creative lead to ensure positive direction of client activity.
- Lead and support on strategic direction for campaign creation – giving creatives and creators (influencers / content producers) a tight brief and clear guidelines on the types of ideas that support your strategies.
- Ability to identify strategic opportunities and considerations across earned and influence channels – with strategic recommendations on the channels, role of influencers, types of influencers, content cadence and messaging our clients should be using.
Ideation: Helping creative & other disciplines come up with better ideas, faster.
Act as an idea originator outside of main briefs and proactively seeks to develop new ideas.
- A strong writer of creative briefs to inspire creatives and clients to unlock creative potential.
- Ensures audience/ culture/ brand insight is at the heart of every creative strategy.
- Identify opportunities to develop proactive briefs and inspires client and agency on their potential.
Prototyping and Storytelling: Defining the idea, proving, communicating & selling it.
Pioneer new ways of framing and selling and idea, consistently using compelling soundbites.
- Help structure the strategy for new business submissions.
- Support strategic development for wider agency pitches across channels.
Manifesting the Work: Crafting the experience journey and delivery detail that brings the idea to life.
Influence senior clients into experimenting with new channels, content and technology.
- Can develop detailed strategies for earned first comms - prioritising social and influence channels.
Measurement and Effectiveness: Proving if, how and why the work created real value for the business and consumers.
Show recognised expertise linked to proving the value of ideas to organisations.
- Knows the measures, metrics and KPIs used across different social channels - why they matter and what success looks like.
- Familiar with the different measurement tools and metrics and understands and pros and cons of each.
At Ogilvy UK, we want to make sure that you’re set up to grow and develop in your role and enjoy some of the best times of your working career. Our learning and development team are on hand to provide training for you, to help you excel in every aspect of your role. So, if you think you may not have experience in some aspects of this position, don’t worry, and apply away. We’re here to help you grow and nurture your skills.
How we help you Thrive:
- 25 days annual leave + 1 Volunteer Day
- Bupa Healthcare (now includes Bupa health assessment and menopause support)
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave
- We have a flexible working policy with core working hours (10am – 4pm) and have launched our 3.2 Hybrid Working model
- A 1.5:1 matching pension structure
- Wellbeing and Health: Up to £25.00 per month towards physical or online exercise class membership, Unmind membership, LifeWorks tool and annual eye tests.
- Learning and development budgets plus Enhanced and ongoing wellbeing incentives and activities throughout the year
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x4 salary
- [email protected]: To foster an inclusive environment we have our internal groups: Ogilvy Rewired, Roots, Equals, Proud plus Parents and Carers. See here for more information
Dedicated to our people, we provide additional perks to help support your work life balance
If this sounds like the right role for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Our ambition is to attract the very best diverse talent to Ogilvy, and to be the employer of choice in the UK. We want everyone to feel welcome when they join us, and once they’re here, for them to want to stay with us, grow their career, and to feel they belong with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for anyone who wants to work at Ogilvy. We believe that for creativity to flourish, everything about how we work must have diversity at its core. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Ogilvy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.