Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Quality Team
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy-to-implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for over 100 million daily logins worldwide. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation. The Quality team within CIC is responsible for driving the culture of quality across the organization and works on the CIAM (Customer Identity and Access Management) product.
The Senior Quality Engineer Opportunity
Reporting to the Director of Quality Engineering, this role will focus on ensuring that the products or services being developed and delivered meet the required quality standards. This involves working closely with cross-functional teams to design and implement quality control processes and identifying and addressing product quality issues.
This opportunity requires someone who is passionate about quality, a self-starter, intellectually curious, and has experience supporting testing tools and frameworks.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain automated test frameworks and other testing tools.
- Assist project teams in determining whether a given component or feature is ready for release.
- Create, maintain, and execute test automation scripts to validate product releases.
- Drives adoption of tools, frameworks, and best practices for product quality.
- Define and continuously improve testing strategies.
- Gather quality metrics, analyze the data, present it in a consumable manner, and provide recommendations based on the data.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years of experience in software testing including test automation framework and tooling
- Experience with Jenkins for build deployment and test execution
- Experience with continuous delivery, service-oriented architecture, Cloud platform environments
- Comfortable working with distributed systems and remote cross-functional teams to identify opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.