KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Please note, the position is required to be in our Cambridge office 2-3 days a week.
In this role, you will:
- Investigate product complaints, perform root cause analysis of failures, and propose remediation in a timely fashion.
- Review existing product design, identify weaknesses, propose, implement and monitor effectiveness of improvements.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Provide engineering knowledge and oversight to cross-functional project teams including Competitive Analysis, Customer and Commercial.
- Create and maintain existing integrations with third-party APIs.
- Improve existing backend features and processes.
Please apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Solid backend experience specifically with Java (multi-threaded experience).
- Tenacious problem solver, organized, detail oriented.
- Spring, HTTP, XML, JSON, SQL.
- Bonus Points: GDS cryptic, Git, Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, AWS.
- GDS/travel agent experience - is desired.
- Comfortability in a fast paced startup environment.
- Hands-on mentality and are self-motivated.
Benefits and Perks:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range is $100,737.00 - $122,537.00. In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible to be considered for an annual bonus and equity grant.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.