At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As the Compliance Lead, Trading will lead the compliance program for the Trading business at Anchorage Digital and will serve as the compliance officer for current and future regulated entities. In this leadership role, you will help support new business activity across multiple regulated entities, and you will be at the forefront of regulated crypto activity in the industry, including interaction with regulators. With a mix of traditional finance and crypto expertise, you will lead a high performing team that helps support a variety of key functions within Compliance.
As the Compliance Lead, Trading, you will:
- Lead a team of compliance professionals dedicated to the trading business at Anchorage Digital
- Perform the Chief Compliance Officer role for the NFA IB and other regulated entities (as they are approved)
- Lead regulatory interactions
- Build out the compliance program and drive the creation of new policies, procedures and controls
- Drive the advancement and execute on key strategic initiatives for compliance, partnering closely with internal stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership to other internal stakeholders on how to identify, measure and control risk
- Partner with the compliance team that is responsible for a wider variety of key functions including advisory guidance, testing, market surveillance, employee registrations, and marketing materials reviews
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience building out a Compliance program and experience dealing with regulators
- Securities, futures, and derivatives market experience with the ability to provide thought leadership
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and a focus on delivering
- Have the Series 24 license
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and implementation skills
- Experience in crypto or a keen interest and willingness to learn
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have prior experience in the crypto industry
- You hold the Series 3 license
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data informed and all full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $170,000 - $210,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits to our employees. In fact, we are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees in the United States, Portugal, and Singapore. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.