Senior Devops Engineer
Posted on 8/31/2023
Marketplace connecting people with task-oriented services
Taskrabbit stands out as a leading marketplace platform that bridges the gap between individuals and local service providers, offering a wide range of services from furniture assembly to moving assistance. The company's acquisition by IKEA Group in 2017 has further solidified its competitive advantage, expanding its reach to eight countries and over 75 cities. Taskrabbit's culture promotes collaboration, pragmatism, and a fast-paced environment, attracting talented individuals who are entrepreneurial, data-driven, and passionate about making everyday life easier for people.
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 6%
1 year growth↑ 14%
2 year growth↑ 41%
Development Operations (DevOps)
DevOps & Infrastructure
- At least 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure and DevOps Space.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef.)
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, WAF, CloudFront, etc.
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Helm
- Experience with a microservice architecture running in containers (Docker or other containerization technology)
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience working with a product that has end-users
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- AWS Certification a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Software development background is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Building and maintaining CI / CD pipelines from scratch for testing and releasing configuration and software.
- Monitor and resolve issues in all environments using tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, Pingdom.
- Engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks, and scaling the environment as needed using DataDog and other tools.
- Design and implement zero-downtime to accomplish highly available service (99.9%).
- Ensure systems are secure against cyberthreats.
- Automate tasks and develop tools to increase engineering efficiency and visibility.
- Design and implement disaster recovery (DR) between different regions in cloud providers such as AWS.
- Manage web domain and certificates.
- Troubleshoot production and testing environment issues, including performance and function issues.
- Provide support to the organization through on-call, resolving issues and driving infrastructure changes.
- Identify, define and document system requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- AWS Certification
- Software development background
- Experience in a startup environment