San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 15%
1 year growth↑ 42%
2 year growth↑ 256%
- Proven experience in operational leadership and management, preferably in a healthcare or related industry
- Demonstrated success in transforming operations and building high-performance teams
- Experience with lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement methodologies
- Ability to recruit, develop, lead, and inspire a high-performing team
- Strong understanding of customer needs and ability to translate them into operational processes
- Experience in optimizing costs, retention, and customer success
- Ability to set and execute a vision for operational excellence
- Track record of exceeding customer expectations and driving profitable growth
- Experience in partnering with GTM (Go-To-Market) teams to ensure gross margin targets are met
- Proven ability to develop a world-class team and gain high followership
- Lead and design organizational strategy and design to optimize cost, retention, and customer success
- Deploy lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement methodologies to enhance performance
- Recruit, develop, lead, and inspire a high-performing team
- Own the cost side of the Gross margin walk and ensure total gross margin exceeds targets
- Collaborate with Customer success teams to vet and develop new offerings, gross margin targets, and capacity constraints
- Set the vision and path for operational excellence in Payer delivery
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience with Payer delivery operations
- Experience in a high-growth, high-autonomy culture
- Experience with equity packages
- Experience with remote-first teams
Datavant is a data logistics company for healthcare whose products and solutions enable organizations to move and connect data securely. We protect, connect, and deliver the world’s health data to power better decisions and advance human health. Datavant has a network of networks consisting of thousands of organizations, more than 70,000 hospitals and clinics, 70% of the 100 largest health systems, and an ecosystem of 500+ real-world data partners.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs.
As COO, Payer you will be responsible for end to end delivery of our core customer deliverables. The team’s overarching charter is growth through operational excellence and customer success: driving industry best performance across yield, pacing, NPS and unit cost (cost per chart).
When this team is successful, Datavant will be the unparalleled leader in the industry for clinical data retrieval on behalf of Payers.
You will manage a ~2,000 person team spanning call center, remote EMR and onsite retrievals as well as QA and transformation resources. This is an enormously impactful position in a ground-breaking company at a pivotal moment. If you are energized by pursuing an ambitious and massively impactful mission with smart, nice people who get things done in an operating environment built to set the pace for what is possible, this is the role for you.
As the COO, Payer you’ll dig in with our service operations leader, Payer CFO and GTM team to ensure that we are optimized to deliver or above customer expectations and world class cost points. You’ll collaborate closely with Customer success teams to vet and develop new offerings, gross margin targets and capacity constraints to drive profitable and sustainable growth. The impact our company will have on Payer customers and prospects under your leadership will be game-changing.
- Set the vision and path for operational excellence in Payer delivery.
- Lead and design our org strategy and design to optimize cost, retention and customer success.
- Deploy lean, Six sigma and continuous improvement methodologies to 10x performance relative to competitive alternatives.
- Recruit, develop, lead and inspire a high performing team
- Own the cost side of the Gross margin walk while partnering with the GTM team to ensure total gross margin exceeds targets and represents the margin expansion progress that will deliver the valuations we seek to capture.
What you will bring to the table:
- You are known as an exceptional builder and transformational leader yet you are also capable as an operator and optimizer
- You live in the GEMBA and walk the halls of customer workflows and partner processes.
- You listen to customers and convert their needs, pain points, and observations into processes that differentiate our total offerings
- You have demonstrated success in transforming operations, building high performance teams and amplifying GTM and strategic initiatives.
- You are one part visionary, one part execution and one part inspirational leader.
- You have appropriate respect and appreciation for the scale of the business today and the efforts to develop it, yet you are unafraid to make decisions to try to new things and place new bets
- You’re known for developing a world-class team and have champions and high followership across your past organizations
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done, where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. This means we default to simple job titles (e.g., Software Engineer) rather than complex ones (e.g., Senior Software Engineer). The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $300,000-$400,000 with a 50% bonus with possibility for an equity package.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will beanonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.