Loss Prevention Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Atlanta, GA, USA
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Occupational Health & Safety, or one of the Applied Sciences
- 7+ years in the insurance industry providing loss control services
- The following certifications are not required but beneficial: CSP, ASP, ARM, CRIS, CFPS, CHST, OHST, CFSM, CIH, PE, CFSP
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local safety standards, regulations, and codes
- Must meet state regulatory compliance qualifications, where applicable
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property, Builder's Risk, Auto Liability Coverages, and OCIPs and CCIPs, a plus
- Experience with Construction, Property and Casualty Insurance, and various types of Risk Management exposures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to work with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Excellent time management skills & knowledge of computer programs, systems, and MS Office
- Ability to travel
- Ability to observe insured operations and evaluate management practices to determine if safety issues and hazards affecting company risks and costs (i.e., insurance premiums, losses) ensuring all are adequately controlled
- Provide loss control consulting to ensure properties and operations meet local compliance and insurance requirements
- Develop and implementing loss control programs that reduce loss and improve operations
- Provide engineering support for facility design and construction
- Provide assistance and insight while attending insurer risk consulting inspections and reviews
- Develop cost effective and pragmatic solutions to insurer's loss control recommendations
- Perform field engineering services where necessary, primarily for larger locations
- Deliver advanced property loss control services including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses and property management programs
- Assist in marketing risk transfer insurance programs for property, builder's risk and construction
- Ability to provide training is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team