Posted on 4/15/2022
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- 7+ years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare, with a focus on Government Programs
- Proficiency in all aspects of statutory health care actuarial practice including pricing, reserving, and data reporting
- Experience in Medicare Advantage, including development of the annual bid (and related reviews and audits), risk adjustment, and provider reimbursement
- Experience in actuarial valuation, specifically reserve setting for MA-PD products
- Broad understanding of managed care business and financial principles such as capital management, underwriting, medical management, physician reimbursement, and risk management
- Provide expertise and consultation and/or create policies and procedures to advance capabilities in organizational pricing (MA & Part D), reserving, budgeting/forecasting, benefit design, provider contracting, risk adjustment, regulatory reporting, pharmacy benefits management, population health, provider reimbursement, enterprise risk management, and/or financial performance management
- Comply with requirements for Actuarial Opinions (serving as the Appointed Actuary) related to the annual financial statements, as well as various actuarial analyses as covered by the Actuarial Standard of Practices
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise in regional and national managed health care trends and best practices, seeking opportunities to translate those to Devoted Health
- Provide oversight to all key, organizational, financial arrangements, including many non-actuarial arrangements
- Collaborate with senior management and business staff to prepare key financial statements and projections, including budget, forecasts, and monthly statements
- Support inputs, assumption setting, and actuarial product strategy for the annual CMS Medicare Advantage and Part D bids
Healthcare company serving seniors
At Devoted Health, they want to make healthcare easier, more affordable, and a whole lot more caring.
- Comprehensive health plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and holiday time
- Lyra mental health resources
- Time off to vote
- Members first - Our Members are our #1 priority. Our work puts them first.
- Resilience matters - Setbacks don't discourage us. We bounce back and keep going.
- Speed wins - We set clear goals. Get them done. Then repeat.
- It takes a team - We build diverse teams and believe that we do our best work together.