Data Engineer (New York or London)
We are seeking a highly qualified and talented technologist to join the Data Platform team at Schonfeld. The team is re-envisioning Schonfeld’s platform include the data pipeline, research infrastructure in the cloud and back testing. The platform will ideally allow PMs to analyze data, back test their strategies and deploy them to production trading seamlessly.
What you’ll do
- Pre-process and structure data into productionized data pipelines
- Design, develop & maintain productionized data pipelines for use by the Quantitative Researchers
- Analyze data schemas and structure data for downstream processing
- Expertise in systematic Data Quality. Amplifying data quality and completeness with a process-driven approach and measurement dashboards
- Working in collaboration with Data Scientists & Quantitative Researchers to productionize data pipeline
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Experience with software platforms or large-scale data (Big Data) projects
- Designing and building scalable distributed systems
- Programming Experience (OOP Language)
- Cloud, containers and microservices experience (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, AWS, GCP)
- Data storage and processing (Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, Spark)
- Large scale distributed database knowledge
- Knowledge of data mining, natural language processing, and machine learning toolkits
- Strong Bsc Degree in Computing or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
We’d love if you had:
- Experience within a quantitative trading firm/hedge fund
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team’s delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our D&I initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across quantitative, fundamental equity and tactical trading strategies. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products. Base salary pay is 150,000-250,000 USD + bonus