Counsel, Marketing & Product
Posted on 5/13/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- You have 5-7+ years of experience practicing law at a top-tier firm, and/or advising marketing, product, and operations teams in-house
- You have a JD and are admitted to any US state bar
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles
- You are able to work autonomously, exercise sound judgment, and balance legal risks with business objectives in a fast-paced environment
- You're a self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- You have a philosophy that no task is too big or small and an interest in learning and growth
- You are a big picture thinker and are able to effectively prioritize projects and workflow based on relative impact to the business
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- You have interests/passions outside of work that are important to you
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of marketing agreements, including sponsorship, co-marketing, creative services, talent, production, licensing, and partnership agreements
- Provide legal advice relating to intellectual property, promotions, advertising regulations, consumer protection, privacy, endorsements and testimonials, and claim substantiation
- Advise on marketing initiatives, including sweepstakes, sponsorships, influencer programs, cause marketing campaigns, and whatever other new and exciting activations our Marketing team cooks up
- Review marketing collateral, including ads, scripts, press releases, and other public-facing content
- Draft terms & conditions for promotional offers
- Develop business-facing legal guidelines and policies relating to marketing
- Work with business partners to effectively manage legal risks related to product, engineering, and operational efforts for our consumer and merchant products, including on our growing ads and promotion business
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to ensure your business partners receive holistic and effective legal guidance across disciplines
- Experience as an in-house lawyer, particularly in the tech industry, with exposure to e-commerce and/or the gig economy
- Experience advising international clients on product launches and country launches and managing international outside counsel
- Experience at a company in a major growth phase
- Experience managing others
Local food delivery from restaurants
DoorDash is working to empower local communities and in turn, creating new ways for people to earn, work, and thrive. The company operates the largest food delivery platform in the United States.
- Health & Wellness - Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, including fertility coverage. Monthly gym and wellness reimbursement.
- Compensation - Competitive salary with bi-annual performance reviews. Meaningful equity opportunities - with quarterly vesting.
- Time When You Need It - Flexible vacation days for salaried employees. Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members. Paid Parental Leave to support our DoorDash families.
- Flexible Work Support - At-home office equipment and monthly WiFi support while working from home. Enjoy your favorite lunch on us while working in one of our offices.
Company Core Values
- We are one team
- Make room at the table. We’re committed to growing and empowering a more diverse and inclusive community. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has the tools, resources and opportunity to thrive.
- Think outside the room. We strive to be as inclusive as possible and consider those who may not be in the room when making decisions.
- One team, one fight. We’re in this together, and both success and failure are shared. We are intentional about creating a high-accountability, no-blame culture.