Sr. Robotics Engineer
Posted on 11/7/2023
Produces all-solid-state rechargeable batteries for electric vehicles
Solid Power, Inc. is a leading producer of all-solid-state rechargeable batteries, offering a safer, more stable, and energy-dense alternative to conventional lithium-ion batteries, with a 50-75% increase in energy density. The company's proprietary sulfide solid electrolyte and silicon-based anode chemistry not only enhance battery performance but also allow for cost-effective production, as they are compatible with existing lithium-ion manufacturing processes, reusing about 70% of capital investment. This compatibility, coupled with the potential for increased range, lower cost, and greater safety, positions Solid Power as a competitive player in the electric vehicles and mobile power markets.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 10%
1 year growth↑ 35%
2 year growth↑ 136%
Lafayette, CO, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
- At least 10 years of experience in a related field required.
- Advanced technical knowledge of and experience with integrating PLCs, machine design, electrical controls, industrial networks, servo motors, VFDs, sensors, vision systems, and robots.
- Advanced technical knowledge of implementing industrial machine safety systems including hard guarding, interlocks, light curtains, and area scanners.
- Must have practical experience with, and be capable of applying and interpreting, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) in engineering drawings.
- Sufficient technical experience to coordinate the manufacturing of all aspects of industrial automation equipment.
- Sufficient technical experience to specify and coordinate the procurement of purchased parts for industrially automated machinery.
- Sufficient technical experience and competence to identify others who have analytical and problem-solving skills for troubleshooting various industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Rapid learner and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Registered PE in the State of Colorado preferred
- Ability to lift 10-20 lbs, up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Provide technical expertise to independently ensure up-time, increase efficiency, and implement process improvements on Solid Power’s pouch cell manufacturing equipment.
- Work directly with manufacturing engineers, quality personnel, and cell development team members to design, coordinate fabrication, assemble and test improvements to Solid Power’s pouch cell manufacturing equipment.
- Generate industrial manufacturing machine specifications.
- Generate Capital Expense project schedules, requirements, and budgets for industrial automation equipment.
- Lead the validation of industrial automation equipment in the form of Site Acceptance testing (International or domestic) and Factory acceptance testing, including the detailed documentation of compliance with specification requirements and the creation/execution of action items lists.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure Solid Power has industrial manufacturing equipment capable of making the best battery materials and pouch cells in the world.
- Assist with Process Hazard Analyses and implement the appropriate layers of safety procedure to comply OSHA and PSM standards
- Create engineering models and drawings, from the ground up, to manufacture industrial battery equipment.
- Troubleshoot any mechanical issues made by vendors or other robotics engineers.
- Ensure compliance with budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements for robotics projects at Solid Power.
- Develop the skills of junior robotic engineers to increase Solid Power’s depth of knowledge.
- Work closely, collaboratively, and effectively with other departments and team members
- Registered PE in the State of Colorado
- Experience with SolidWorks modelling
- Experience with pneumatic/hydraulic systems
- Experience with electrical/pneumatic actuators
- Experience with sensors including vision systems, proximity switches, barcode readers/writers, and safety equipment, Keyence preferred
- Experience with robotic equipment, Fanuc preferred