Director of Product Management
Posted on 1/21/2023
New York, NY, USA
- You are an experienced product manager, with at least 8-10 years of experience in successful startups, operating on a global scale
- You have owned a broad set of products, led a product domain/line across a company, and built category-leading products
- You are able to digest market research & customer feedback along with having a crisp understanding of technical requirements and constraints to paint a vision of what a great product could look like
- You have demonstrated success in handling an end-to-end product lifecycle with the ability to drive product planning, development, and launch
- A great multitasker who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Pro-active and independent achiever, self-learner, able to handle a task from idea to production
- Team Player, with great communication/listening skills and a can-do attitude
- Lead product vision and strategy for the next-generation of the Microtransit offering across multi-modal solutions while working closely with existing public transportation networks
- Gain a clear grasp on customer needs as well as competitor offerings and use that to paint the vision of what the optimal next-generation Microtransit experience will be
- Execute on existing partner commitments while converging those with delivery of products that are built for durability, scale and in line with Via's product and company goals
- Initiate creative new ideas to expand our product and improve our customer experience
- Ascertain value vs. cost of each requirement and help scope/descope requirements as needed
- Drive a data-driven, inclusive and effective prioritization and scheduling process
- Act as a focal point while working closely with all areas of the company as Software Development, QA, Project Management and Business teams - daily interaction at a deeply detailed level
- Before, during, and after launch, you will monitor, check and understand the status, strengths and challenges of your products in the various cities worldwide, in order to constantly improve them
- Excellent analytical abilities and a strong business acumen - an MBA is a plus
- You have a passion for public transit, mapping, SaaS and accessibility - working experience in these areas is a plus
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.