Gladly is on a mission to help companies deliver radically personal customer service. Our customer service platform enables top brands to talk to their customers the way people talk to their friends: seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat, and social media.
Gladly’s integration platform is the foundation for enabling customer service heroes to do their best work. We create the tools and infrastructure used by developers at our customers and partners to build unique and customized experiences within Gladly. We are looking for software engineers to join our small, fast-growing and high impact team.
Some product areas owned by the team
- API frameworks used by all internal product teams to ship new APIs
- New mechanisms for third-party developers to integrate with Gladly, such as embedded UIs and actions in external systems
- Tooling for developers to build and debug their Gladly Apps
- Tooling and monitoring to ensure API scalability
What you’ll do
- Build! You’ll design, code and maintain innovative, scalable and secure systems. You’ll mix time spent writing code with leading teams.
- Mentor. You’ll provide technical guidance and mentorship in software engineering best practices to help others grow their careers.
- Collaborate. You’ll work closely with a small, nimble, cross-functional team of engineers, product managers and designers. You’ll often consult with Gladly’s developer community to get input and incorporate feedback.
- Own it. You’ll participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from ideation to specification to release and iteration (sometimes in a leadership role).
You might be a fit if you
- Have 3+ years of full-stack engineering experience, with experience designing and shipping scalable distributed systems. Experience with Saas integrations and platforms is a plus.
- Are relentlessly focused on the customer. You look at everything you create through the lens of how it improves things for our customers, which can be developers and partners.
- Value collaboration. You know successful software development is a team sport and aren’t above doing glue work to help the team deliver high quality products.
- Communicate clearly. You’re comfortable communicating cross-functionally to describe how various technical approaches might impact the product behavior (and vice versa).
- Love learning. You are innately curious, whether you are researching new technologies or digging into hard-to-debug issues our customers encounter.
- (Bonus) Have experience with the technologies we use: Go, Kafka, Postgres, Redis, React, Node, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and ElasticSearch.
Research has shown that individuals from marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. Gladly values diversity of experience, so if you believe you have the right skill set, we welcome you to apply - even if you don’t check every box in the job description. We’re committed to an inclusive workplace and would love to see if you could be the next great addition to our team.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Working at Gladly
People are not just at the heart of our product, they’re at the heart of our company.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our mix, not keep it the same.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture.
- We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
- We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness and home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly is closely monitoring the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). With a focus on employee safety, our current policy is that all employees be fully vaccinated and boostered against COVID-19 with an FDA-approved vaccine and provide proof or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.