Helaina is a VC-backed biotech startup creating a new category of functional food products.
Our vision is to bring the functional properties of human proteins to food. Helaina will be the first company to put human milk proteins into food, defining a new category of consumer nutrition products focused on supporting immunity. We will initially launch a first-of-its-kind infant formula – the only infant formula with immune-nourishing proteins found in human milk. We also see a range of opportunities to use our breast milk proteins to enhance other types of functional foods for all segments of the population.
Helaina is backed by top VCs in the industry including Spark Capital, Siam Capital, Primary Venture Partners, and Plum Alley. We are a team of change-makers looking for our next team member who is intensely passionate about advancing synthetic biology for food and beverage products and redefining the future of nutrition.
About the Job:
The VP, Commercial Strategy will create and lead the commercialization strategy for Helaina. The role involves close cross-functional partnerships to define and design the marketing and sales plan, and implement based on fact-based data and market learnings.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a multi channel commercial strategy and translate this into executional tactics.
- Develop Helaina’s go to market strategy for launching new products.
- Design the playbook that enables the commercial team to deliver the commercial strategy & tactics, including preparation and delivery of concept-selling stories for products, setting clear commercial guidelines and tailoring category plans to target consumers.
- Be the category expert, using data and insights to shape internal strategy and deliver results externally.
- Lead the commercial input for relevant existing brands and New Product Development in the stage gate and budgeting process, providing customer, category and shopper input into category plans.
- Develop relationships to create, execute, and measure a comprehensive category strategy.
- Responsible for P&L of business and both short term and long term sales results and strategy, ensuring the business meets expected financial returns.
- Lead key operational and commercial initiatives that drive long-term growth and profitability for the company, responsible for the overall strategic growth of the company.
- Define strategy and lead execution of above market profitable sales growth.
- You have at least 15 years of experience at different commercialization levels working with food in CPG.
- You have been responsible for the entire product sales cycle, from concept to launch.
- You have experience building and managing a high performing team.
- You have strong analytical skills using IRI/Nielsen and syndicated data metrics to diagnose business trends.
- You are capable of combining multiple data sources/points into clear, concise and compelling sales presentations.
- You have a demonstrated track record of driving change and achieving targets through effective negotiation and executional excellence.
- You are driven to achieve and able to prioritize differing demands from customers internal and external.
- You consistently demonstrate strong ways of working principles including sound prioritization and organization skills, influencing others, forging strong collaboration and teamwork across multiple functions.
- You are able to use data and personal contacts to identify market trends and advise the business so that it is in the best competitive position.
Compensation is market-competitive with a yearly cash base of $170k-$190k plus equity.
Helaina was founded on the belief that families should have freedom of choice. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that does just that, supporting our team’s health, wellbeing and professional development at every stage and milestone. We are proud to offer comprehensive health care, generous parental leave and childcare reimbursement, equity packages and more to our Full-Time employees. A few highlights include:
- Full medical, vision and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance coverage
- 401k match (up to 3%)
- Unlimited vacation days, including an all-company holiday between Christmas and New Year
- Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program
- Childcare reimbursement program
- Commuter Benefits
- Leadership Development coaching through BetterUp
Helaina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Helaina we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the strongest candidate for this or other roles. For more information, please contact [email protected].
Learn more about Helaina: https://www.myhelaina.com/press